The most effective method of slowing the skin's aging process is to always keep your skin hydrated and protected from the sun. What else can you do maintain and improve your skin? Read on.
* Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face twice a day. Cleansing regularly will keep your skin clean and healthy. Do not use cleansers that have high amounts of alcohol or other drying agents.
* Always use a moisturizer. As the skin ages, it naturally becomes more dry. The moisturizer you used in your early 20's may not be as effective as you get older. Women over 30 should consider anti-aging skin products, including anti-aging cosmetics, eye creams and wrinkle treatments.
* Don't forget about your neck. Apply anti-aging products all over your face, neck and down to your cleavage area. The neck skin loses elasticity as we get older and needs extra attention.
* Protect yourself from the sun. Excessive exposure to the sun can lead to wrinkles, sun spots and sometimes skin cancer. If you spend considerable time in the sun, wear a hat and sunglasses. Try to always use cosmetics and skin care products that contain SPF 15 or higher.
* Exfoliate weekly. Use a gentle scrub or other exfoliating product to rid your skin of dead cells, and reveal your skin's glow.
* Eat plenty of berries and other nutritious foods. Berries and fresh fruit contain vitamins and antioxidants which are great for your skin. Also try to eat foods such as tuna and other fish that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 can reduce inflammation and regenerate skin on the cellular level, while also having other health benefits.
At Makeup.com, you can find an array of anti-aging skin care products, such as the B Kamins Therapeutic Anti-Aging System. This set contains anti-aging moisturizer, anti-aging wrinkle lift and a therapeutic anti-aging eye cream all in one convenient package.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.