Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Bridal Makeup and other Make-Up topics.
What are some wedding makeup tips?
Your bridal makeup will be captured forever in your wedding photos. Therefore, it's very important to plan your bridal makeup look well in advance.
Here are some wedding day makeup tips that will have you looking picture perfect.
- Hire a professional makeup artist. The expense of using a professional is well worth it. On your wedding day, you will be nervous and won't want to do your makeup yourself. Relying on a friend or family member isn't the best option. If you can afford it, hire a makeup pro.
- Have a pre-wedding consultation a few weeks before you wedding. Most professional makeup artists include one consultation as part of their pricing. Bring a swatch from your wedding dress and pictures of how you will be wearing your hair. Doing so will give the makeup artist an idea of what he or she will be working with on your wedding day.
- Apply a primer under your foundation to help your makeup last longer. Also use a primer on your eyelids to prevent eye shadow from creasing or melting.
- Use waterproof mascara.
- Keep eye makeup natural and light. You don't want to look like a raccoon in photos.
- Fill in your lips with lip pencil before applying lipstick. This will give your lipstick a good base to help the color last.
- Place a towel over your head when putting on your gown. This way you can avoid getting cosmetics on your wedding dress.
- Have blotting papers or powdered rice papers on hand. These convenient papers can eliminate shine on your wedding day.
- Put Vaseline on your front teeth. This trick will stop lipstick from getting on your teeth, which can ruin photos.