How to Apply Concealer
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Concealers and other Make-Up topics.
How can I apply concealer without it looking cakey?
Concealer is a dense form of regular foundation that is used to cover blemishes, dark spots, under eye circles and other imperfections. Concealers are available as creams, or in sticks, tubes and pots.
- When selecting a concealer, choose a color that is one shade lighter than your regular foundation.
- Using a fine concealer brush, dot a small amount of the concealer onto the area you are trying to cover.
- Do not use too much or your concealer will end up looking cakey.
- You can choose to apply concealer over or under foundation, but many women find it easier to blend under foundation.
- Using a small triangular makeup sponge or your (just washed) finger, gently blend the concealer by dabbing the area until it blends seamlessly with your skin.
- Avoid getting concealer into the small wrinkles around your eyes, as it will make them look more noticeable. Instead, try a creamier formula for that area to better camouflage imperfections.
- Set your concealer with a dusting of translucent facial powder to prevent creasing.
In addition to standard facial concealers, you can also find concealers formulated for the legs and other parts of the body. These are especially useful for covering varicose veins, birthmarks, scars and tattoos. At Makeup.com, you can find a wide variety of concealers in shades for every skin tone.