The Essential Makeup Bag
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Daytime Makeup Tricks and other Make-Up topics.
What should I have in my makeup bag to easily get ready in the morning?
When getting ready in the morning, it's important to have all your key makeup items in one easily accessible place. Invest in a great makeup bag or train case to hold everything you need. A bunch of loose makeup floating around in a bathroom drawer isn't easy to find or use.
There are five basic items you need for your “everyday” face. And, with a little organization, you can get your makeup done for the workday in five minutes flat!
- Invest in a great long-wearing foundation, preferably one that dries to a powder finish. Not only will this last flawlessly the entire day, but you won't need the extra step of using a powder to set it.
- After foundation, your next step is concealer. Use it under the eyes and on the lids as a shadow base. Products that have a dual use are especially timesaving.
- Don't forget blush in a soft tone to help perk up your face! Go with a pink-based blush if you are fair, and a brownish plum for darker or olive skin tones.
- Next, it's on to a quick eye. Sweep a lighter, cream-colored shadow all over the lid from lash to brow, and a slightly deeper shade pressed into the lower lid. Finish with a soft plum, khaki or brown eyeliner for daytime along with a few coats of mascara. Don't overdo the eye area; soft is best for daytime when you want to present a polished, professional face.
- The last item you need should go into your handbag. Lipstick or lip gloss is the one thing you should carry with you at all times. Lastly, if you have an evening function, your essential makeup bag can be taken with you for a late day touch-up, and it's a definite must-have.
4/4/2009 4:24:53 PM
i think that your tips are good, for even for daytime make up why rush, you should spend time on it after all you do want it to look good right, plus as a beauty therpist, Concealer always! comes before your foundation.
8/9/2009 3:25:49 PM
i enjoyed reading this tip, i think that it is useful although i am a beauty therpist and i wanted to tell you that whenever you are doing your makeup concealer always comes first as this evens out your skin tone ready for the foundation for a fawless finish.
9/8/2011 7:27:14 AM
These comments i already knew hehehhehe