Preparing Your Lips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Lipstick & Lip Liners and other Make-Up topics.
How can I make my lipstick look smooth?
Just as a painter calls for a clean canvas, your lipstick needs the perfect backdrop: Smooth, soft lips.
- In order to keep your lips and the rest of your skin hydrated, drink a lot of water. Eight to ten glasses per day is ideal.
- Moisturize your lips with lip balm on a daily basis. Your lip balm should have an SPF of 15 or higher if you spend significant time in the sun.
- Exfoliate your lips if they are flaky. Scrub your lips gently with a washcloth when you are in the shower to remove any excess dry skin. When your lips are flaky, your lipstick won't go on smooth.
- Cover your entire lips with a very thin coat of the lip primer to create a smooth setting for your lip color.
- Line your lips with a neutral lip pencil that is close to your natural lip color.
- Buy moisturizing lipsticks. These formulas will keep your lips smooth and comfortable throughout the day.