Listen to 300+ podcasts by best-selling authors, published Wednesday, 4pm EST!

Avoid the Tanning Bed

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Makeup For Teens/Tweens and other Make-Up topics.

Why should I avoid the tanning bed?

Avoid the Tanning Bed

The American Academy of Dermatology says that there is, “no such thing as a safe tan.” This includes the evil rays of the tanning beds. Cosmetics and skincare companies make great sunless tanners and bronzer, which serve as a much safer way to get a great faux tan.
Did you know that 80% of aging in the skin is due to environmental factors? You can prevent a lot of damage by simply using sunscreen. So where does the other 20% of aging come from? Genetics, and you can't do much about that. Most skin damage occurs during the childhood and teen years. Instead of tanning beds, get your teen some sunless tanning products or bronzers. The color selection and choices available will suit any skin tone. For an extra-realistic bronze glow, make sure you apply your bronzer where the sun would naturally hit your face (in the t-zone) and along the cheekbones.

   

Comments

Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.



Name:


URL: (optional)


Comment:


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Make-Up Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!


Guru Spotlight
Linda Handiak